Photo by: Tour Bus Live
Although he’s been gone since 2017, the world is still feeling the hole that Malcolm Young left behind when he passed away. As the rhythm guitarist of one of the greatest hard rock bands in history, Malcolm and his brother Angus Young really created something groundbreaking when they founded AC/DC in 1973. Today we celebrate the birthday of the Australian rocker with some fun facts about Malcolm Young:
- Prior to AC/DC, Young was in a band called The Velvet Underground (not the well-known band with Lou Reed)
- Young had a job as a machine maintenance engineer for a bra company after finishing school
- Young founded AC/DC when he was 20-years-old in 1973 and asked his 18-year-old brother Angus to join
- Young was often described as the “business and brains” of AC/DC.
- Young was a big fan of Glasgow-based Rangers Football Club.
Keep celebrating Young’s birthday by watching AC/DC perform Highway To Hell live in 1979 here: