On March 31st, 1992 English rock band Def Leppard released their 5th studio album Adrenalize. The album was an instant hit soaring to No.1 on both the UK and US album charts.
Adrenalize was the album Def Leppard recorded after the loss of their guitarist Steve Clark in 1991 who passed from alcohol poisoning. Instead of replacing Clark, the band honored their late guitarist by recording the album as a four-piece. Adrenalize saw the band move to a catchier sound with less of the typical metal elements, which led to some criticism from loyal hard rock fans. Nevertheless, seven singles came about from the album including Let’s Get Rocked, Make Love Like A Man, and Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad that would keep firing up the band in fame and popularity.
To celebrate the 30th anniversary of the album, here are some fun facts you might not have known about Def Leppard’s Adrenalize.
- Adrenalize was the final album considered “Glam Rock” to be on the top of the charts.
- Even though he died before its release, Steve Clark has writing credits on six of the record’s songs.
- The Japanese release included two bonus tracks at the time, Miss You in a Heartbeat (Electric version) and She’s Too Tough.
- Let’s Get Rocked was inspired by the cartoon character Bart Simpson of The Simpsons.
- Adrenalize was the final album of Def Leppard’s to experience critical worldwide success.
Watch Def Leppard’s official music video for Let’s Get Rocked here: