Photo by Tour Bus Live
Today the legendary frontman with all the moves turns 80-years-old. Happy birthday Mick Jagger! Still dancing around wildly with The Rolling Stones, Mick hasn’t slowed down at all and doesn’t plan to during this next decade.
To celebrate Mick Jagger’s 80th, here are some fun facts you might not have known:
- Ballet is one of Mick’s favorite activities to stay in such incredible shape.
- A lock of Mick’s hair from the 1960s was sold by his college girlfriend Chrissie Shrimpton for $6,000 in 2013.
- Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts once punched Mick Jagger in the face after Jagger asked him, “Where’s my drummer” during a late night of partying in Amsterdam. Watts told Jagger to “never call me your drummer again.”
- After meeting Jerry Hall, it has been said that Mick dropped acid and did heroin every day for a year during 1968.
- Before he became a rockstar, Jagger planned to become a politician.
- During a basketball game when he was a child, Jagger collided with another player which caused him to bite through his tongue and swallow a small piece. Apparently, this accident is what gave Jagger his famous raspy voice.
- It is estimated that Mick has slept with around 4,000 women.
- Jagger sings back up on Carly Simon’s hit song You’re So Vain. Many believe the song is about Jagger, though Simon has denied the rumors.
- The Hell’s Angels planned to murder Mick Jagger after he blamed them for the death of a fan at the Altamont Speedway Festival in 1969. Their plans failed when their boat capsized during a storm while on their way to assassinate Mick.
- Mick Jagger auditioned for the role of Dr. Frank N. Furter in 1975, but of course Tim Curry got the role.